We do our very best to assist our fellow physicians and healthcare professionals to provide the optimum of care to their lower back and leg pain patients. If you are a physician or healthcare provider and have a patient that you would like to refer for consideration of Non Surgical Spinal Decompression Therapy, the following information is provided to assist you in that process.
We have provided criteria for potential referrals as well as contraindications and potential risk factors for your review.
Criteria for Potential Referral:
- Patient has a diagnosis or suspected diagnosis of disc herniation, rupture or bulge in the lumbar spine, leg pain or sciatica, facet syndrome, internal disc derangement, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, failed back syndrome
- Patient has demonstrated neurologic deficits
- Post surgical laminectomy or fusion patients contingent on articulation and ligamentous integrity
- Patient has undergone a conservative course of treatment in excess of 6-8 weeks with less than desired results
- The patient has been to numerous providers without obtaining satisfaction
- Either yourself or another physician has considered a surgical referral
- You prefer a program that includes strength restoration and flexibility training as an integral part of an overall nonsurgical decompression protocol
Contraindications and Potential Risk Factors:
- Primary or metastatic neoplasm in the spine
- Recent vertebral fracture
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Unstable spondylolisthesis (grade II+; pars defect)
- Osteoporosis (DEXA-T score of -2.5 Standard deviations below mean)
- Severe or unstable medical conditions
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Arthrodesis with retained hardware
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Spinal infections including osteomyelitis and septic discitis
- Severe osseous spinal stenosis
- IDET, nucleoplasty, vertebroplasty
Whether you are a chiropractic physician, neurologist or orthopedic surgeon, family physician, osteopathic physician, physiatrist, naturopathic physician, acupuncturist, physical therapist, whatever your specialty, we are here to assist you.
All extended in-depth professional consultations include a thorough consultation, history, physical examination and review and correlation of MRI and other available imaging studies. You will be furnished with a copy of our findings and recommendations. Please provide copies of all radiology, MRI or CT imaging studies and films or digital images if available.
Your patient will be seen within 24 hours of your referral, and our turnaround time is always within 48 hours. We will fax our report to you and provide hard copy upon request. If you would prefer a telephone call from Dr. Grace after the consultation please let us know.
We are always available should you wish to discuss a potential referral for consultation.
NO PHYSICIAN REFERRAL IS NEEDED UNLESS REQUIRED BY YOUR PATIENTS INSURANCE CARRIER
Supportive Materials and Information:
We are happy to provide informational brochures, DVD’s and business cards for distribution to your patients as well as convenient prescription pads for your use.
Should you wish to receive a packet please contact our office manager Carol Anderson via email at: email@example.com or call Rachel directly at 503-684-9698.
Additionally, we are available for in-service presentations to you and your staff. Should you desire a date to be scheduled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-684-9698.